Tuesday, July 13, 2010

SUMMER UPDATE

Hello to all of my furry (and not-so-furry) friends out there!  It's another hot and humid day in our neck of the city (haha).  Yes, I know, I have been a bad kitty when it comes to updating my blog; that is what this post is for!!!  


We've just had such a great time out on the porch; Mom lets me go out to investigate new smells after the evening rains, and to check the progress of these new purple flowers we are growing ... and when my tasks are done, of course, I like to warm my belly by strrrreeetching out and dozing.


Also, last week was my birthday (July 2), and I turned SIX years old!  I am going to help my mom choose some pictures of me enjoying my party and playing with my presents!  OOOH, it was SO FUN!  My humans made it into a whole weekend of birthday events and celebration for me, me, me!  My mom said that each day of the weekend we could play whatever toys I wanted to play with, and I got to eat only my favorite foods in my bowl (yum!), and they got me great presents!  You'll see in my pictures!  Last year, my human mom and I had just moved here, and things were very crazy, boxes everywhere, new smells and sounds to get used to.  We both were nervous and stressed trying to make our place "home"!  So my mom said it was important that THIS birthday be waaaaaay better than that one!  It was!  


So don't worry!  I won't be away too long; just long enough to help with the photos (usually I just take a few paw-swipes at the keyboard while Mom messes around with her camera ... that helps, right?)... AND to catch up on all my cat friends' blogs!!!
**Purrrrrs**** --Dorian

3 comments:

The Whiskeratti said...

Happy (late) Birthday!

Kea said...

A whole week of birthday celebrations? Wow, you were one lucky kitty. :-)

We'll look forward to seeing all your photos!

A few Good Cats said...

We're glad to hear from you, Dorian, and that there's so much good news to report. Happy 6th birthday from all of us Good Cats!