Thursday, July 7, 2011

...And I'm Back Too!

I like to watch TV like I'm doing here, and take a nap on my cat bed...
Stole Mom's favorite futon seat!
...Yes, it's been a long time!  My human friends, human mom, and I have been busy with all sorts of things, and Mom was sick for awhile... so we took a longer break from blogging than I thought we were going to do!  I'm happy to be back, writing AND reading cat (and other pet) blogs!   
I'll add a few of the recent pictures my human mom has taken...like:
                                                      
Tricked!  I sniffed Mom's phone, and she took a close-up!

You see, for reasons I can't exactly explain, I don't like having my picture taken.  Sorry, Mom!!  I just don't like it!  My poor human mom goes around begging me for "just one or two" pictures (all the time), and she doesn't use a flash, which is pretty cool, because those hurt my eyes! ...still, I just don't like it.. so if I see the camera, I quickly and smoothly (as if it's just a coincidence, haha!) either bury my head in my paws or simply look another direction.  She hates it!  What can I say?  A cat wants to do what he wants to do... and vice versa, I'm afraid...
I had to learn quickly that the phones humans carry have cameras in them too!  I didn't know at first, but now I hide whenever the traditional camera OR the cell phone points my way!  BEWARE, you camera-shy felines and dogs!  What will they think of next?  They will have cameras to take cutesy little pictures of us right inside our food bowls or something!  :)
Speaking of standing my kitty ground on some things, my humans think that I am going through a "teenage" phase.  Maybe so!  I haven't really known any teenagers before (either animal or human); and while Mom knows that the age of a 7-year-old cat like me doesn't translate technically to that of a teen in human years, she says I act like one!  I hope I don't have to learn to drive a car though ....I don't like riding in those things!  ....Reading over my haunches and shoulders as I paw this blog post out today, Mom said that I have a sassy attitude, moreso than when I was a baby cat (for some reason, she likes to call me a baby-cat, rather than a kitten, in my younger days...parents!)... she says I can be moody and sometimes out of the blue I just go "reeeaaaawww!!" and swish my tail, warning that I don't wish to be pet or played with, out of the blue... that's me!  But we are always best of friends again soon, right Mom?  She says yes... 
So, you might have noticed that I said I'm now a SEVEN-year-old... yep!  I had my birthday last weekend, on July 2!!!  It was FUN!!!!  I know last year I posted pictures and a full party report after my special day ... so I'll be back soon to catch you up with all that!*****PURRRRS*******--DORIAN











1 comment:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Belated happy birthday! Feeling young and sassy is a good thing. :-)

It's nice to see you back and hope your mom is 100% better now.

BTW, our angel Annie *hated* to have her pic taken and would run away or give the mom a nasty, nasty look. Derry doesn't like it, either, and turns away, showing Mom the back of disrespect. Nicki doesn't seem to care one way or another!

Only our angel Chumley, whom we never met, actually posed when the camera would come out. He was quite the ham, knew he was gorgeous.