Sunday, February 28, 2010

This weekend was full of excitement -- most of it was good!  On Friday Mom and I played together a lot.  Later, when I was ready for my afternoon nap, Mom had to go to that place where she changes her nail color and her hair color.  She talked on the phone a lot that night telling her friends that her hair was red!  I hope she doesn't want to change MY fur color!  I don't think I would like the smelly stuff that she puts on at home sometimes. 


Today was really fun, because Mom and I were playing with all my toys.  We play a game where we both crawl around and look for all the play mice and balls and stuff that is hidden (Mom says "lost" but I always know where they are!) behind shelves and inside closets and stuff.  I put the toys there so that I can find them later and play new games, but Mom likes to get them out!  She calls it cleaning.  I guess it's kind of fun, though, when we crawl around and play with all the toys at once.  That is why I help her.


Tonight though, Mom's friend came over to help her and he brought a VACCUUM!!  I think everyone reading this knows that the VACCUUM is no friend to cats!  Mom said that "it's okay, Dori, we just need to clean the vents," and that is what they did.  But I went to my safe place anyway.  There is no telling what the loud noises and the big machine will do!  Luckily, it only took a little while for Mom and her friend to finish doing their work!  After that I crawled onto Mom's lap for petting time.  Our house is quiet now, and her friend took the vaccuum back to his house!  Good riddance!  I am going to sleep in one of my favorite houses.  Here is a picture Mom took last time I was sleeping in there:



3 comments:

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

AGGGHH!!! Not the VACUUM!! We hate the vacuum, it undoes all our good work of floofing up the house!!

Nice to see you got your own blog my friend!!

Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

Exactly!! Our bathroom vent had ALL my black and white fur stuck to it; LOTS of floofing went into getting that up there! I'll just start again today, sigh ...

tomshideaway said...

I'm glad that evil vacuum man left too!