Monday, October 18, 2010

Birds and Battle Wounds

I am enjoying some extended summer days here in my part of the world!  Just before sitting down to paw this blog post, I was watching and listening intently to a very raucous bird conversation taking place right outside on my balcony!!!  Well, you can imagine that I went running, feet barely touching the floor, when I heard that!  I hunched way down behind a storage box and prowled closer and closer to the window, because of course I don't want the birds to see me first when I'm ... uh, studying them.  They sure were LOUD, and it seemed to me that one really SQUAWKY guy was holding forth with one tiny, CHIRPY one.  Hmmm ... I could not translate, but I am fascinated by birds and their language and their flippy-flappy wings and their movements in general.  One second they are in the tree and I can only hear them, then the next they come hurtling full-speed down right in front of my screen door!!!  Hmmm... I sometimes see those ads when my humans watch TV for something called Rosetta Stone... it teaches the humans other human languages... wonder whether a cat could learn a bird language?  Dog?  or ... perhaps... mouse????  
you know, so that i could converse with this little green guy (at the front/center of my picture)

 I also am really excited to report that I am feeling like a better-than-new cat since recovering from that dark, dark week when the v-e-t did dental work, my mom chased me around for TEN days with medicines that she poured into my cheek pocket two times a day, my gums hurt too much to crunch my kibbles (so they fed me tuna... hmmm not too bad, I thought I hated it in the past!) and milk and mashed-up "crunchy" food... shudder!... and I hid under the bed in my secret cave where no one can reach me with human arms (triumph!) for a couple of days ... well, it really was bad.  But NOW! I am running and playing and snuggling with Mom (somehow I sense that the v-e-t MADE her do that to me, with the medicine and stuff, so I'm not mad), and eating my favorite crunchy treats when I behave well for grooming and stuff!  I feel wonderful and spritely!  I asked Mom to take a picture of my one remaining battle wound, because that too is covering up FAST!  Long-haired cats will understand, I'm sure!  So here's me just this morning:
Check out my right paw, the one in the bottom front of the picture; do you see the chunk taken out of my otherwise-fluffy-long white fur?  That's where the you-know-who SHAVED me to insert an i.v.  I don't really know what that means and wasn't awake for it, and that's fine by me!  All I know is that last week it was pink cat skin that gave me a shiver, so I always laid with my other paw covering it.  But already it has very short, white hair (one little part of me knows what it's like to be hairless or very short-haired now, hehe) on it.  My human mom says it's fascinating to watch me grow my fur back so fast and efficiently!  I say I'd like my regular ol' paw back please.  Although, the girl cats say it makes me look sorta tough :)
****PURRRRS****to all, Dorian

1 comment:

Kea said...

We are very happy to read you're doing well, Dorian, after your dental surgery.

And we "see" that you have very entertaining kitty tv too, with the birds! Now, if only you could er, talk to them.... :-P