Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Getting Settled

I hope that all my furry and not-very-furry friends are having a great week so far!  I have been a busy cat, as usual ...


As  I think I mentioned before, my human mom and I moved in to a new apartment about 10 days ago.  Mom promised me it would be a new "kingdom" for me, and she wasn't lying!  This apartment is so luxurious and huge, that I am still busy exploring every little nook and hidey hole!  


Truth be told, in our last place, there were hardly any good hiding places, and no long or wide rooms and hallways for a big tomcat to run and play in.  We had to make do with very little when we moved that time; but now we are happy to be doing a little better ... Now Mom and I have room to play hide-n-go-seek; there's room for me to run and jump the furniture, tear down hallways and around corners; and -- get this! -- there is space enough here for me to have my very OWN room!!!!  


(here I am surveying and supervising the moving activities and thinking about drinking a bit of that coffee behind me!)


















It's not really a BEDROOM, as the humans usually call them, because I sleep in my favorite of two or three cat beds most nights ... and definitely I always sleep wherever my human mom sleeps!  I have a favorite cardboard box that is just the right size for me, and I like that the best, better than any store-bought bed I have seen!  Sometimes I like to sleep atop an ottoman we have, which my mom has covered with a flannel blanket that I love.  And occasionally, I sleep on top of my blankets, on top of my human (never directly ON the human though, that's uncomfortable and I meooow!)!  


Sooo, my new room of my very own is more like a cat play-room!  We only have our things half un-packed, but already it's a cat's life here!  My room has a sunny window, a dish of water just for in there, a closet space that is used for my litter box (my own bathroom, haha), and some of my toys and cubes to crawl in.  Soon it will have bean bag chairs and maybe my basket of toys too.  My mom will help me decide how to organize it.  


My "uncle Sam," my human uncle, says that this photo (above) looks like it should be in the back of a book if I write one; that it should be an about-the-author picture, haha!  Truthfully, my mane DOES look gigantic in this photo; I mean, it's fluffier each year, but this picture makes it look insane!  


I'm off to mark everything here with my scent again!  A cat has to do these things! ***Purrrrs*** --Dorian

5 comments:

Kea said...

Wow, your very own room! That's so cool! We hope we get to see pictures once everything is set up. :-)

A few Good Cats said...

Dorian, it's obvious your human loves you very much, to move to a new place so you can have more room to move around. We cats need more humans like that!

Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

Thanks for your happy wishes, and for coming to my blog, everyone!! I will most certainly post pictures when I have created my cat-room! And yes, I am aware of how much I am loved! Ever since we moved from a large house with stairs to run up and down, my mom has promised we would have such a place again... especially because I am her first cat, and she wants me to have room to play and be healthy! We are all lucky to have such wonderful forever-homes :) ***Purrs****-Dorian

Sweden said...

Dorian is sooooo gorgeous!!!! i LOVE the coloring on the nose sooo cute!! although not as cute as my cats Meep and Mango ;) but then we all love our own babies the best

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Taty (& Dorian),
Glad to hear from you. I hadn't seen anything on the other site for awhile and was beginning to worry a bit. Sounds like your new place will be great for both Dorian and you. Cats just love a good window.

Hope all is well.

Love,

SB