Thursday, April 22, 2010

Here's me, just saying HI to all my pet and human friends!


Thanks to everyone who left a comment on my birthday picture (to answer some questions, my birthday is in July, so  it was taken awhile ago...but coming up again sort of soon!  yay!).  I'm certain that you all made my human mom feel happy with my picture, and she will hang it on our wall now!  It's just like I tried to communicate to her:  I was relaxing in that picture, thinking pre-nap thoughts, relaxing in a sliver of sun ... it's one of my favorite things to do!


Speaking of my favorite things, I'm so glad we have nice weather here most of the time now!  All winter long I stay inside, because I am an indoor cat.  But now, Mom and I go outside on the porch everyday for at least a little while!  There are birds everywhere!  And fresh new scents!  Sometimes squirrels, but I chase those away and threaten them with my chatter-y teeth signal!  Today I was warning some squirrels to avoid my turf, when Mom came up behind me and tried to do the cat's chattering-teeth sound.  As if!  I looked at her in the face and said (with my eyes) "Mom, puh-leeze, just don't.  It's embarrassing."  How can I threaten these squirrels when there's a human with me acting like that?  I had to explain to her, really.  Cats, you understand.


There's talk of taking me for a real walk with a leash and a harness.  Mom gave me the harness to sniff and play with a little, and she said she read some articles about how we can learn to walk outside.  I'm not sure about this... Cats, does anyone out there walk on a leash?  The V-E-T told her that "any" cat can learn!  But we all know that the V-E-T cannot always be trusted!!  I want to go outside, but do I have to wear that?  Mom says yes, I have to wear it to be "safe."  Hmmm ... there sure ARE a lot of interesting noises and smells outside the front door, where she doesn't let me go.  I'll keep you posted on what I decide to do...    *purrs* --Dorian

4 comments:

Your Daily Cute said...

Hi!!! Oh my goodness, I'm so excited to meet you, Dorian. I found you from Rumblepurr's blog.

Guess what? My name is Dorian, too! I've never met a cat named Dorian. What a treat! :)

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Ohh, we're so envious, we're getting less sunpuddles and more cold now that it's fall. On the plus side, we are getting LOTS more cuddles!

The Whiskeratti said...

We luff our porch too, but it's screened in. Our mom doesn't even want to think about what might happen if she put us on a leash.

Parker said...

I don't like harnesses, they steal my bones...